Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOW 7 DRIVERS  (Read 5417 times)

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    WINDOW 7 DRIVERS
    « on: August 15, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
    I USED WINDOW XP ON MY PC. LAST SUNDAY I GOT A CD OF WINDOW 7 FROM MY FRIEND AND I INSTALL ON MY PC AND ITS WORKS FINE I GOT NO PROBLEM
    BUT MY REAL PROBLEM IS THAT FIRST WHEN I FORMAT MY WINDOW XP AND REINSTALLED WINDOW XP, I ALSO INSTALLED DRIVERS OF WINDOW XP, AUDIO DEVICE DOES NOT WORKS WITHOUT DRIVERS INSTALLED.
    BUT IN WINDOW 7 AUDIO VIDEO DEVICE WORKS PROPERLY WITHOUT INSTALLING ANY DRIVERS. I ASK TO MY FRIEND WHO GIVE ME WINDOW 7, HE SAID DRIVERS R IN BUILT IN WINDOW 7. NO NEED TO INSTALL.

PLZ HELP ME, FIRST WAT IS PURPOSE OF DRIVERS ? IS IT ONLY FOR AUDIO VIDEO DEVICES ?

SECOND, I HAVE TO INSTALLED DRIVERS OR NOT IF YES. DID I INSTALL WINDOW XP DRIVERS I HAVE ONLY THAT DRIVERS 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: WINDOW 7 DRIVERS
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
    1) I'm guessing you have an illegal installation of Windows 7, depending on exactly what your friend gave you.

2) It's very possible your system is not designed for Windows 7. You need to check the website of your computer (and various hardware) manufacturers for the correct drivers.

3) Please do not use ALL CAPS. It is the equivalent of SHOUTING on the web. Thank you.

sarcasticphoenix

Rookie
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
      The question is kinda hard to comprehend, especially because of all the caps.
      15 seconds on Google got me this definition:
      Definition: A driver is a small piece of software that tells the operating system and other software how to communicate with a piece of hardware.
      Drivers let the OS (Windows and such) communicate with hardware. For example, Windows usually doesn't know how to use the graphics card in the beginning, but drivers teach Windows how to use the graphics card.
      Windows will keep drivers if you upgrade Windows (as opposed to 100% formatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows.)
      Drivers can be available for almost any piece of hardware; some are auto-installing drivers (USB drives, etc) and some require manual downloads or installs (Graphics cards, etc).
      If Windows XP was preinstalled on the hard drive of your computer, it originally had all drivers.
      You should check by going to Windows Device Manager (Start>Right click Computer>Manage>Device Manager) and check to make sure all drivers are installed. If not, you should manually install them.
      -------------------------
      This is my signature!

immental1200

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »

1. As Allan stated your copy of Windows 7 sounds dodgy.
      2. If its all working, the answer is NO don't install drivers.
      3. Drivers are required for every part of the computer, however Windows 7 tends to have much better out-of-the-box driver support than previous Windows Editions.

Unneccessary quoting removed...
      « Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:17:17 PM by patio »

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
        Thank immental for replying
         everything is working fine except my headphone. headphone not working, audio video player working fine. i got no problem in anything while working on win 7 execpt headphone. its works in win xp 

immental1200

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
        Do speakers work fine?
        Is it just headphones?

If so swap the speaker port, test the headphones elsewhere and then reply on here.

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »
          IMMENTAL
          i explain from starting

when i buy a pc win XP was preinsatlled on it.
          And last month i got a cd of win 7 from my friend and i install win 7 on my
          pc. Everything is working fine i got no problem audio video device working
          fine. Speakers works properly, i watch movies and listen songs and got no problem.
          but i last time when i use my headphone, that does not works. i check on other
          pc there works properly but on my pc does not works. Before insattling win 7
          headphone works. even one day i format my pc and agin installed win xp, my headphone
          comes on right way and works properly.
          but after using win 7 i didnt like win xp and last sunday i again install win 7
          everything works fine audio video spakers are all works good but headphone that
          was working on win xp are not worked on win 7
          litlle complicated hope u understood

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »
          Look in device manager. If there are any yellow or red symbols then you need to install those drivers. You also need to install the chipset driver.

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
            no allan, there is no red and yellow symbol in device manager
            what type of chipest drivers i have to install and what things i keep to remind while downloading