Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Proxies  (Read 3153 times)

goodgoing

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Proxies
    « on: August 14, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »
    how Do I use a Proxy.  Ihave heard of them but not quite sure how to use one

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Proxies
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
    If your using someone elses proxy, you use the proxy's IP as the gateway IP. While some consider Proxies evil to re-route traffic, I use  to use Squid for caching frequently visited sites for dial-up user applications for pages to load quickly when visiting a webpage that doesnt change often. I then have a macro that surfs to frequently visited sites as a scheduled task to pre fetch the information to the cache so that when my friend goes to a web page that is part of this pre fetch he gets an almost instant web page load as long as the content hasnt changed between the time of the pre fetch and the time when viewing the page. Now days he has a 3G tether to his PC for fast internet vs dial-up.

Iori3310

Greenhorn

• Remember me when You look at the moon.
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Proxies
      « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »
      There is a option of putting proxy address and the proxy port number in almost all kind of networking software. Such as browsers and downloaders. First you must have a proxy server address and a port number. In example my ISP gave me one. They said to use those to connect through internet. All I did was to put that address and the port number (I.E.172.16.0.254 wast the default gateway address and port number was 3128) in my INTERNET EXPLORER>tools>connections>Lan Settings>Proxy server.........   

That's it. You just have to look for the option of the proxy server in every network servicing software....

Hope the answer of the question....

:)