Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista reinstalll did not work  (Read 2887 times)

del rey

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Vista reinstalll did not work
    « on: September 13, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
    Hello All,
                        I wanted to reinstall Vista on my Acer notebook to have a new system.  I had the Two Acer Vista O.S. Disks however when I got to install disk Two I found out it was the same as disk One as I did not make these Revovery disks. Now the only option the Notebook is giving me is to be able to start up with the Recovery\O.S. Disk One,  which it goes through the process of installing untill it asks for disk Two,  which I have to shut off then.  I tried F2 and F12 to change the boot order as I have a USB DVD Player hooked up and that does not make any difference.  Also when the system starts I get a message that the  BOOTMGR  is missing and press Ctrl Alt Del to restart.  This error does not happen with the Recovery disk One.  I also tried using Ultimate Boot CD to no help.  Any comments welcome,  Thanks  Del

mikeson

Greenhorn
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista reinstalll did not work
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
    It might be the boot sector causing that. When installing, don't format but choose 'leave intact & intall it into different location'

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Vista reinstalll did not work
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
    Good evening del rey and welcome to CH

Most Acer recovery CD / DVD's are sets of 2. But on too your question disk 1 starts the re-ghosting / image and disk 2 will have the drivers and software and the rest of the OS install.

Your only option if you do not have a complete set you will need to get your hands on another OS that is the exact same version of what you have and then download the drivers from acer for your PC and use your COA / Key on your PC to do the install.

So if you have a COA for windows vista home premium 32 bit than that is the disk you need to borrow. Your COA key is tied to the version on windows. The COA will look simular to the attachment your key will be 25 digits long and has 5 groups of 5.

Please let us know how you make out, Mike

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?