Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Netbook won't connect at home  (Read 2359 times)

freccle

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Netbook won't connect at home
    « on: October 06, 2012, 09:17:26 AM »
    I have a Aspire one ZG5 that has a and whilst it connects when I’m away relatively easily, I just CAN’T get it to connect wirelessly at home, yet everything else connects to my router without a problem. The router is a Belkin N Wireless model FSD 8638 – 4 –V2.

The netbook see the wifi network, I put in the password and it seems to connect – in fact it says connected, with excellent strength yet it just won’t connect to the internet.

If I try to send and receive message via live mail I get the error message: The host 'pop.tiscali.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '1 TISCALI', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

If I try to connect to a browser (any one) I get the message “no internet connection”
    When I look at the connection status it will show something like 75 packets sent, 10 received.

The internal wifi modem is  Atheros Ar5007eg Wireless Network and the netbook is running WINDOWS XP Home SERVICE PACK 3.

I have taken screen shots of every error message I can, as well as converting he diagnostic check to images (all 40+ pages of it) on Photobucket http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/freccle/NETBOOK/

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong to connect or does it seem as there is a problem with the notebook? I’d assume that but it connects in other places! And it always SAYS it’s connected.

Should I try getting a wifi dongle and see if I can get connected via that?
    HELP!!!