Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot connect to any wireless network  (Read 2677 times)

trusky

Topic Starter

Rookie

Cannot connect to any wireless network
    « on: November 16, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D. I has worked great for some time. Recently I noticed some connection problems at public network locations I.e Starbucks etc. Now I cannot connect to my home wireless modem. Network and sharing center will not respond and when I look for wireless networks, nothing shows up, although I can see several, including my own on my smartphone.  I received a error message that configfree had stopped working. I'm lost.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cannot connect to any wireless network
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
    You may want to reinstall the network and or utility drivers for your laptop at the Toshiba support site.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Cannot connect to any wireless network
    « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
    Configfree is Toshiba's tool for connecting to other devices and networks.

You can uninstall it and just use the regular Windows wireless settings without issue.

If you really want to keep Configfree, I would still uninstall it. Go to Toshiba's support website, click "Download" at the top, select your model.

Note that there are a great many builds for the L305D. Look on the bottom of your laptop for the complete model number. Should look something like "L305D-S5868".

Once on your model's download page, next to "Refine Search by:", choose your operating system in the first box, then "LAN" in the second box. This will narrow the list down to your LAN driver and the Configfree download. Download Configfree and install it again.

Let us know if that fixes your issue.