Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photos mostly green crosshatching - some days.  (Read 2595 times)

donj38618

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Photos mostly green crosshatching - some days.
    « on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »
    Is this my graphics card?  Photos on my computer are always presented perfectly with the photo viewer, but photos on the internet, e.g. Facebook, are often mostly green cross hatching.  An example is attached.  Is this the fault of my graphics card or something else?

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

truenorth

Guru

Re: Photos mostly green crosshatching - some days.
      « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:54 PM »
      Doubt it is a graphics card if things are proper from other internal sources. Is this a new phenomenon? If so what have you added/deleted/or changed on your computer that is coincident to this occurring? Have you tried more than one browser?truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »
      I would power down...remove all power sources and remove/re-seat the vid card to test...also if you have installed newer drivers revert back to the originals that shipped with the card.
      Is it overheating ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

donj38618

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:40:34 PM »
        I didn't see a way to reply to the people who tried to help, except to just reply to the post.  The camera-made photos on my hard drive always show perfectly on the screen, but photos on the internet are usually messed up, but some days they are good.  When they are good, they are good all day.  When they are bad, they are all (on the internet) bad, but some are worse than others.  I think it is just some range of colors that are displayed as this bright mossy green, with other colors being displayed properly.  The computer is pretty old (more than ten years) and no changes have been made in a long time.  It just got to where it would do this sometimes and then got to where it would do it most of the time.  I can't understand why it displays my resident pictures perfectly if it is the graphics card, but I can't think of anything else.  The attached photo was copied from Facebook.  I don't much want to start fixing things until I can learn what is broken.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
        Thats entirely up to you...however my suggestions above would take approx 20 minutes at best...at least you would know if it's a hardware issue...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "