Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse keeps getting stuck  (Read 15725 times)

Ezaria

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Mouse keeps getting stuck
    « on: March 07, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
    Sup Computer hope.  ;D

Most of you wont remember me but I used to be cat-bomb.

Anyway, I recently got a hp pavilion g6 laptop with windows 8 (would have never chose this laptop but I got it as a gift so who am I to complain) and like a lot of windows 8 users I am having problems with it.

I can fix most of the issues but this one I have no clue what to do. Every 5 minutes my mouse pad will stop working. for 30 seconds then go back to working. This problem had been bugging me ever since I have gotten it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Mouse keeps getting stuck
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
    In device Manager find the Touchpad listing ...
    Right clik it and select Properties...
    Power Management tab un-select "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power"...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ezaria

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
      I am not finding devices. Is it Control panel > devices and printers, if so its no showing up.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:23:37 AM »
      Every 5 minutes my mouse pad will stop working. for 30 seconds then go back to working. This problem had been bugging me ever since I have gotten it.
      So, you've timed this through repeated observation and it always stops after 5 minutes and will not wake for 30 seconds.  This is CONSISTENT.  Is that right?  Are you normally running your computer with it plugged in to a outlet, or only running off battery?

To view touchpad settings, go to Control Panel and find Synaptics TouchPad and open it to find settings.  However, I don't believe any setting there would cause this behavior.  I suspect the problem lies in your power settings.  So, in Control Panel, open Power Options, and select "Choose when to turn off the display" and see what settings you have there.  You might need to do some experimenting with this.

By the way, the Synaptics TouchPad properties panel shows touchpad gestures in motion.  That might be helpful to you.  If you click on different selections in the left side of the panel, the video pane to the right shows gestures pertaining to that particular feature.

And, by the way, I have an HP Pavillion g6-2210us; I've had it for about 2 weeks and am quite pleased with it. 

Edit:  Your title says "Mouse keeps getting stuck" but you did mean the touchpad, right?  Actually, if you don't have a mouse, you might find one much easier to use for most usage of Windows 8, as opposed to the touchpad.