Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Internal Alarm  (Read 5047 times)

arielle

Re: Random Internal Alarm
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 05:39:37 PM »
the computer that seems to just not turn on, i've had that happen to me

it's probably your CPU, check behind it and make sure the voltage isn't switched to like the higher number cause if so you fried your entire mother board

also, i'm sure you have checked this already, but make sure the wire from the monitor into the tower is okay. Cause sometimes the prongs break on the plug and then you're just screwed over.

you can either change the CPU and take the risk that it isn't that or take it to a repair man... it wont cost more than $150, unless you fried everything

NickDi

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 05:48:09 PM »
the beeps are continuous and unchanging. They stop only when the machine is shutdown or restarted. If the computer is shutdown/restarted coldly the sound returns when windows begins to load. As for the other comp with the power probs i'm fairly sure that something fried, though i was hoping it was just the powersupply burning out.

arielle

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 06:33:13 PM »
As for the other comp with the power probs i'm fairly sure that something fried, though i was hoping it was just the powersupply burning out.

ouch that's gunna cost you then, good luck with that man

GX1_Man

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 06:45:10 PM »
the computer that seems to just not turn on, i've had that happen to me

it's probably your CPU, check behind it and make sure the voltage isn't switched to like the higher number cause if so you fried your entire mother board

also, i'm sure you have checked this already, but make sure the wire from the monitor into the tower is okay. Cause sometimes the prongs break on the plug and then you're just screwed over.

you can either change the CPU and take the risk that it isn't that or take it to a repair man... it wont cost more than $150, unless you fried everything

Arielle,

You seem pretty knowledgable to be not able to find a way to change the name on your computer (in another thread). What's up with that?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

arielle

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 06:50:08 PM »
cause i know what has happened to me already i just dont know how to fix that...

plus i know stuff about web design, hardware, but software and name stuff like that i am retarded  :-/

makes me sad
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 05:18:30 PM »
...the beeps are continuous and unchanging. They stop only when the machine is shutdown or restarted. If the computer is shutdown/restarted coldly the sound returns when windows begins to load...

The easiest thing to check is the keyboard.  When a key sticks, you will hear continuous beeps that do not end.

Replace it with a new one, or use a can of compressed air to blow out any food, staples, or other debris from under the keys (you may remove some of the keys if needed).  

BTW: Do you know the name of the BIOS maker? (It should appear when you first start your computer, before the Windows splash screen.

Doc
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 05:19:47 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 05:30:20 PM »
Other possible causes . . .

Award BIOS or Phoenix First BIOS
Continuous beeps = Memory Error
Solution: Remove and reseat the RAM sticks; add one memory module (stick) at a time till you find the one that is bad (i.e., that causes the problem) and then replace the defective one.  Make sure you unplug the computer before adding or removing any of them.

IBM (and Compatible PC) BIOS
Continuous beeps = Power Supply or Motherboard Failure
Solution: Replace the powers supply; if that doesn't do it, replace the motherboard.  Make sure you unplug the computer before you replace one of these.

Hope that helps,
Doc
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 05:35:55 PM by pcdoc4christ »