Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Glitchy Screen  (Read 2274 times)

christopher Kobus

Glitchy Screen
« on: October 12, 2005, 12:51:42 PM »
Hi I just got a somewhat new computer, very nice and all new hardware but one problem, when the computer is doing nothing it is using about 20% of the processor and the screen is somewhat glitchy.  It's hard to explain but about every second the screen freezes for a split second and then goes back to normal.  I have no idea what's going on so I tried to run it in safe mode, and that helped get rid of the glitchyness but it still took a minuit or two to start programs and such.  Please help or give a suggestion of what I can do to fix this, it never used to be this way and then just started acting strage.

PS I also have the newset version of Norton's and there are no known viruses on the machine.

GX1_Man

Re: Glitchy Screen
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 12:59:54 PM »
Is the glitchy monitor new? Did it ever work right? If so, then what happened?

Are your video drivers up to date? Does this monitorr work OK on other computer's? Do other monitors look OK on your computer?

More info, please,  especially for "glitchiness", which is open to definition.

:o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 01:00:21 PM by GX1_Man »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »
    20% when it's idle?

Is your computer clean?

Free online virus scan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm
    Free online spyware scan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/spyxposer/com/spyxposer_principal.htm

christopher kobus

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 09:29:49 PM »
    Yes, this monitor works fine with other computers and other monitors work the same on this glitchy machine, all the drivers are up to date.

It just seems like something is running in the background using so much of the processor that it cant even display the pointer on the desktop without the computer getting what looks like 2 fps.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »
    And what did you find when you followed Fed's advice?