Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Resolution  (Read 2905 times)

DiskoSvir

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Monitor Resolution
    « on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
    Hi. I'm using TV as my monitor (Philips LED TV 2800 series, 32inch) and my graphics card is: ATI radeon HD 4800 series (1gb) and my problem is next:

I can't increase my resolution beyond 1600x1200. I'm kind of ok with this resolution, but i would like to have an option to increase it a bit more and my text is very blurry, so are my icons, but they are not as much blurry as my text. I know it has something to do with resolution, but i can't increase it more over 1600x1200.

So my question is: How can i increase my resolution and how can I make my text and/or icons more sharper.

Note: I have updated my graphics and monitor drivers.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Monitor Resolution
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 04:58:39 AM »
    From what I can see, your monitor's native resolution is 1366x768.  Try setting your output to match that, does that make things sharper?

DiskoSvir

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:54:18 AM »
      Yes, the text and the icons are sharper now, but everything is very big on my screen now. Is there any way to increase my resolution and to keep my icons and text sharp? I mean is there any way to add more resolution options, because the highest i have is 1600x1200.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:43 AM »
      Unfortunately not.  Your TV's native resolution is 1366x768 - this means that at anything other than this resolution, everything will be blurred because the resolution doesn't match, so it can't be displayed properly.
      TVs generally have lower resolution than PC monitors because they're not used for displaying high quality images - even full HD TVs only match a resolution that was available on monitors years and years earlier.  To give you an idea, my 27" monitor has 3.5x the resolution of that 32" TV, so even though it's smaller the resolution is much much higher.
      This is why I never recommend using a monitor as a PC display unless you're sitting far back and you're not bothered about seeing detail, because it's very unsatisfying.

DiskoSvir

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »
        Ok thank you very much, that was really helpfull.

I bought this TV because i want to use my monitor for PC and TV aswell, so I don't have to buy both.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:54:19 AM »
        No problem, happy to help.
        I'm sorry it wasn't really the answer you wanted though!