Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New build - Won't power up.  (Read 2470 times)

Stymie

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    New build - Won't power up.
    « on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
    Hello everyone. I recently built a fairly high end PC and the components used were purchased through Newegg.com.

Here is the system specs:

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0
    Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
    RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
    PSU - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W ATX 12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply
    SSD -  Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    HDD - Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card - GIGABYTE GV-N66TOC-3GD GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Only one problem. It won't boot.
    After ruling out the PSU, (used one from a different computer that runs fine and it still wouldn't boot the system) I took the MB out of the case,
    set it on the electrostatic bag it came in, only hooked up the PSU, CPU fan, and power switch connector. Still nothing..
    The CPU fan spins for 2 seconds and stops. I've ruled out all possibilities of a short. Inspected the pins in the CPU socket, reseated the CPU, and I've run out of options other than blaming the CPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: New build - Won't power up.
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »
    If it didn't start with the bench test method it's either the CPU or the MBoard...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

giomoney23

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
      Try pushing down on the p1 cord connected to the motherboard from the power supply. This is whats wrong with my pc but I can't fix it

blackrainbow

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »
      you could try the cpu in a diffrent Mobo or a diffrent cpu in your mobo to rule out one or the other :)