Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new win8 install keeps crashing  (Read 7167 times)

juanabe

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
new win8 install keeps crashing
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »
custom built
win8 pro
intel core 2 duo
4gb ram
64bit x64 based processor
no pen or touch available
avg internet security 2013
avg firewall

my wife was running win7 and started having  some sort of problems (not sure what now) and she had her son install 8. we are newbies to win8 but it seemed that something wasn't quiet working right.
she plays games on pogo and she started having problems with adobe flash. also there was a problem with java. we downloaded them but it still wouldn't play the games on ie, firefox, or chrome and still said to download flash player.
we ran the installation disk to reinstall. we created new user accounts so it would seem that the install was successful. soon after, internet explorer, firefox, and chrome browsers would crash and then the os would crash after a few minutes.
any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
things are more like they used to be than they are now

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: new win8 install keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
we ran the installation disk to reinstall. we created new user accounts so it would seem that the install was successful. soon after, internet explorer, Firefox, and chrome browsers would crash and then the os would crash after a few minutes.
any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Many times I try to guess when I should not. But I will anyway.

I just did a new in stall of Windows 8 and began having trouble when I got onto the i Internet. A virus scan showed some files where in a directory used by Fire Fox. To make matters woes , the files could not be deleted. That's  very suspicious.

But rather that gussying, I really should recommend you go to the virus removal part of this forum and read over the instructions there.