Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Another instance of setup is already running"  (Read 5153 times)

gslubega

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    "Another instance of setup is already running"
    « on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
    I run Testking software when I click the install prompt it flags an error and says "Another instance of setup is already running". I try it again to kill the duplicate process in the Task manager processes.

When I killed the duplicate process it flagged another error that said "Failed to write in file "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Testking\Testking Q and A for PMP PMP Demo\install\PMPDEMO.msi". Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I tried to run it in safemode but it said the Windows Installer was not available. My machine is Windows 7. Please I already tried to reboot (a cold reboot and waited 20 seconds). I also tried to run the machine in Selective Mode but could not make it load without "startup items". I am not so experienced with computers.

What do I do?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: "Another instance of setup is already running"
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:42:49 AM »
    Please do not post the same question more than once. I deleted the duplicate.