Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there anyway to get into my computer if I see these settings???  (Read 3560 times)

colbyjackcheese

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello!  I have an HP Pavilion a1357c Desktop computer and when I turn on my computer it displays three options.  I would just like to know if there is anyway I could get into the computer in safe mode or something.  I want to create some system recover disks because I have lost mine.  Here is what it displays!
    Press "R" for standard PC Recovery options.
    Press "F" to format the hard drive and reinstall the original factory settings.
                    All data will be lost!
    Press "Q" to Quit this menu.

Any suggestions will help!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Is there anyway to get into my computer if I see these settings???
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
    Thinking this system has a recovery partition at say D: so if you took option ( F ) it would wipe C: clean and rebuild it back to factory settings. * All personal data would get wiped out!

( R ) looks to be the Repair Option and I would suggest that instead if you have important info you dont want to lose.

*** Once you have the system running healthy again you can either use a tool that HP placed on the system to burn a set of DVD's or a USB Pen Drive with the recovery disk info to have in case the hard drive ever crashes, or if running Windows 7 can send an image to a USB or External Hard Drive which can be transferred back to a hard drive using a bootable Windows 7 repair disc and then grough through a what can be confusing process to restore. OR use a disk imaging software to create a ghost image of the C: drive and D: drive if its partitioned with recovery on D: etc, and have that as a system recovery method. I like Ghost 2003 for Windows XP OS which can be purchased cheap on ebay etc. Ghost 2003 does not support Vista, 7, or 8 though and to back up newer OS you would want to get a modern disk image utility. Many out there and the better ones cost money although there are free options.