Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Update windows XP faster?  (Read 3812 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Update windows XP faster?
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:12 AM »
Greetings CH!

I get a chance to work with a LOT of computer systems. However the one issue ive been running into and it drives me insane is when i install a fresh copy of XP and try to do the updates. It sits at the update screen for about a good 24 hours before it downloads the first update. After that updates begin seamlessly. Is there a way i can download the first update install it manually and then run the rest? if so what is the first update. Im running LEGAL windows XP Pro, and home SP3 cds.

Let me know. THanks 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Update windows XP faster?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
What you want is called:
"Install Windows XP updates Offline" and is a topic found on many sites.
And here in CH also:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=84612.0
The idea is to first do one PC on line, then copy all the temp files to a USB stick and take it to the other PCs that have the same version of XP.
Here is another source:
http://www.ehow.com/how_7268440_update-windows-xp-offline.html
Warning. Take caution using any third-patty software.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Update windows XP faster?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
i can do them online. I work in a computer store. We fix and repair machines. We have noticed that since about september of this year when we do windows XP updates it takes 24 hours for the computer to download the first update due to microsoft trying to force people to upgrade to a new system. So what i've noticed is that once the 24 hours are up and it downloads the first update it then updates the rest fast. i want to know what is the fist update so i can run it off a flash drive then quickly download the rest, so that i dont have to wait 24 hours.