Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I get PDFlite to work  (Read 7339 times)

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
How can I get PDFlite to work
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »
I am running Windows 7, when I call up a word file and then go to "Control P" then scroll down to "print to PDFlite" it is suppose to convert the word file to PDF.  However when I try to do that, i get          "GPL Ghostscript 9.09:***  Could not open temporary file".       What  is that all about and how do I work around it?   ???    :P   I have deleted my old PDFlite and downloaded a later version.  Same result.  I am trying to convert a dozen documents to PDF so that I can email them to people who don't have word.  I also would like to combine all 12 documents into one PDF file.   Any suggestions?  Or am I just fanning the breeze?   ;D
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,

Salmon Trout

Re: How can I get PDFlite to work
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »
I believe this problem occurs when the PDFwrite engine cannot write files into the Windows temp/tmp folder. Do the obvious things: e.g. check that it exists and is writeable, that there is sufficent free space on the drive where it is located,  and try deleting any temporary lock files (created by the PDFwrite engine) in that folder and reboot.

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »

Salmon Trout:  Thank you - thank you - thank you.   You are just great and I am grateful.   I didn't have the slightest idea of what you were talking about but I went ahead and found C:\Windows\Temp and there were a lot of temp docs (not files) but they were all empty.  So I deleted them all and crated a C:\windows\temp\temp file and it worked perfectly.  You guys aerea always pulling my fat out of the fire.  Thanks again to you and all you colleagues.   JIM    :)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
Will PDFlite combine all 12 documents into one PDF file?  If not, I believe other tools are available to do this.

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »
I didn't try to combine them with PDFlite.  After I had converted all of them I used a program called "PDFmerge" to combine them.  Worked fine.  I will checkout PDFlite to see if it will do that.

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
Btw, which version of office are you using? Office 2007 has a free addon from microsoft which  allows you to save docs to pdf. And office 2010 has that feature inbuilt. Libre office also has export to pdf inbuilt.

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
PCdoc:    I am using Office 200o.   I have a problem trying to use Libreoffice.   I haven't stuck with it long enough to really adjust to it.   ;D      I'll try to remember that for the future however.  (That's a joke.  I can hardly remember to get up in the morning).   :(  >:(

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »
(That's a joke.  I can hardly remember to get up in the morning).   :(  >:(
loool  :)