Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no sound  (Read 1858 times)

scottie

no sound
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:38:25 AM »
i have no sound whatsoever, ive been in control panel  nothing works in their its all greyed out ! its doing my head in!ive tried all free help but nothing helps ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:06:55 AM by scottie »

GX1_Man

Re: no sound
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:20:22 PM »
How about checking this info out:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1128144273

If you tell us more we might be able to help

:o :o :o :o :o

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 03:00:44 PM »
    If its all greyed out then your system assumes there is nothing to configure.

Check in Device Manager to make sure the drivers are installed. Try uninstalling them then rebooting your system to force a fresh install.

Runnning XP or ME? How long have you had this problem? Have you tried system restore?
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

Icandoit

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
    I have the same problem and have been wading through all kinds of advice for 2 weeks now. Most people say "Drivers, it's your drivers" but don't give detailed instructions to support what they are saying.
    Today I was told to check that my sound was set to Windows settings as opposed to MoBo manufacturers settings. Exactly how I don't know yet but I'm working on it. If I find the answer I'll be in touch, perhaps you will do the same for me. I will also try W2K instead of 98, and also a cheap sound card, but even if that works, I know neither will answer the first question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 12:24:44 AM »
    Sometimes a later version of WIndows will have drivers within it that were not available natively to earlier versions. A good format and reinstall is a wondeerful idea anyway. You may get lucky and solve the whole problem.

What computer make/model, or motherboard? Do you know what sound drivers are involved?