Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MSDN AA DreamSpark  (Read 3866 times)

solap9

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    MSDN AA DreamSpark
    « on: June 28, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
    If I download software in the time I have student status and I do not install it, can I install it also later (without status) because I have the key still? Thank you

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: MSDN AA DreamSpark
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
    You'll have to check the EULA or check with the software author / provider.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »
    I agree that you should check with the EULA....

But from my experience purchasing software on student discount while in college, the software that I bought back in 2002 on student discount through gradware.com (which went out of business) installed on my systems with no issues beyond 2004 when I graduated with my degree. Although the only software that I still use to date that I got on student discount is my Windows XP Pro OS, everything else is out of date.

As well as the Visual Studio .Net 2002 had an annoying blat on compiled programs stating that its the "Student Edition" and "Not to be used for commercial use", and so other than tinkering with it and making programs for myself and ignore the annoying blat message, I couldnt really continue use with it past college because why have to work in this and then export the source and compile with a different fully paid version of Visual Studio .Net ... you pretty much need to buy the full blown official license if your going to continue to use it beyond college for commercial use. You might find the same problems with the software you have or get that it has a watermark or some sort of blat that gets tagged to projects and cant get rid of unless you buy the full blown official commercial use package of the software.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »
    If the MSDN AA is similar to other MSDN subscriptions, the keys will still be valid after the subscription expires. MSDN AA likely differs from an Ultimate subscription, though- so as others have said, check the EULA. In this case, it would be in the MSDN Terms of Service.

As well as the Visual Studio .Net 2002 had an annoying blat on compiled programs stating that its the "Student Edition" and "Not to be used for commercial use", and so other than tinkering with it and making programs for myself and ignore the annoying blat message, I couldnt really continue use with it past college because why have to work in this and then export the source and compile with a different fully paid version of Visual Studio .Net ... you pretty much need to buy the full blown official license if your going to continue to use it beyond college for commercial use. You might find the same problems with the software you have or get that it has a watermark or some sort of blat that gets tagged to projects and cant get rid of unless you buy the full blown official commercial use package of the software.
    Microsoft has provided the .NET Framework SDK for free since their first releases, which, coincidentally was used with "Visual Studio .NET" released in 2002. Visual Studio .NET itself had Academic, Professional, Enterprise Developer, and Enterprise Architect Editions. I would suspect making an academic version work without such a prompt at the start would be a case of compiling the program manually via the command-line compilers from the free .NET SDK. Thankfully they wisened up and now provide Express Editions of Visual Studio.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

solap9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:29:03 AM »
      Thanks for all answers.

I want to know also that:

I ordered Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 32/64-bit (Slovenian) - DreamSpark - Download and successfully installed 32-bit version, can I still download 64-bit version and install it with the same product key (on another laptop, I still have student status)? Thanks a lot

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:46:05 AM »
      Try it and see, it really depends on how they have the eligibility requirements set up, you cannot use the same key on multiple machines at the same time though.  If you can order 64bit through Dreamspark it should give you another key, if it doesn't then you can only have it on one machine.