Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 install help  (Read 3568 times)

ckch03

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    windows 7 install help
    « on: December 17, 2014, 01:45:05 AM »
    ok lets start by saying i hate windows. anyway i had crash with win7 and had to reinstall win7 but this now impossible because i keep getting error messages after i have downloaded from digital river 4 times now an iso of windows 7 tried installing and still my comp will not install win7. keep getting error message 0x80070241,0x80070570 i lost my oem disk but still have my keys for everything so i have tried to download from microsft genuine iso 4 times and i have literally sat in front of my comp for 5 hours watching and making sure the download was not interrupted in anyway. made my usb iso bootable image but still after 4 times of different downloads nothing. i get to the part where the files are copied but when the next step comes which is to expand the files and setup i get these error messages evry single time. i have gone as far as making a new partition to wiping my comp clean all the way to nothing but the bios is left really not even the boot screen was there everything was erased and rebuilt but still cannot download win7. is there any software out there to scan my usb iso image to make sure its ok and if not repair it or is there any programs to force an install of win7 to bypass these error messages

any help please get back to me fast. i am going crazy. oh and by the way yes i have enough disk space do ask me that question

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: windows 7 install help
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:48:34 AM »
    Please post the computer model next time. Try using this w7forums ISO site instead.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »
    The solution is to  add something else in your checkoff list.
    You need to verify the following:
    - memory test   
    - CPU test
    - USB flash test
    - HDD test

Also, did you do MBD5 checksum?
    An MD5 checksum is a 32-character hexadecimal number that is computed on a file. If two files have the same MD5 checksum value, then there is a high probability that the two files are the same. After downloading an Altera software installation package, you can compute the MD5 checksum on the installation file.

As notated, time becomes and issue. After spending hours on a problem, it is time to do something else.
    My suggestion: get another hard drive, remove some RAM . Use the built in VGA and install a simple OS like Ubuntu or Knoppix
    http://www.knoppix.org/
    You should be able to do Knoppix on the first try. If not,you got  bad hardware.

ckch03

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:54 PM »
      sorry model is versapro nec vy16e/lx also did the test and all is great right now i am using xp which has turned out to be a life saver even though its not supported anymore but again if i can put xp on this machine why the *censored* wont win7 install on it. also tried other download from microsoft community again same results same errors and again sat here for 4 hours watching this download ran test on usb iso all is good. if this machine has 2 hidden md5 files where the *censored* are they and is this my problem i dont think so

also big note to all i have deleted and reinstalled all drivers and did a hard drive test my system is healthy

ckch03

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 12:20:09 AM »
        SOLVED)

OK this for anyone who has the same problem I did DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM DIGITAL RIVER
        THERE DOWNLOADS ARE NO GOOD!!

I downloaded 3 times from them and from Microsoft community which there links bring you to digital river for downloads and well they don't work I had t5o download from some unknown website never heard of before and got the correct download and now windows is perfect  thanks everyone

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:25:26 AM »
        This is a guess. Please correct me if I am wrong.
        You have a legal product key for Windows 7.
        For r download you tried using Digital river.
        Is that right?
        Digital River is not a free download site.
        For free downloads you have to contact the MSN community.
        But you still have to have a valid product key and use it on just one PC.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
        SOLVED)

OK this for anyone who has the same problem I did DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM DIGITAL RIVER
        THERE DOWNLOADS ARE NO GOOD!!
        Based on the discussion in http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,148087.msg921486/topicseen.html#msg921486, I believe visitors should ignore your comments about Digital River.