Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Editing videos  (Read 2403 times)

joodyanne

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Editing videos
    « on: December 26, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »
    I'm not sure  if I am in the right place.   I filmed some videos on my iPad from a video already playing on the TV.  I copied them to a file on computer, but when I open them up - the whole videos are upside down.    I know how to edit pics and docs, but how do you edit a video?
    Judy

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Editing videos
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:55:09 AM »
    I filmed some videos on my iPad from a video already playing on the TV.

If this was to create a digital video of a copyright movie then its illegal  ::)

One might suggest holding the ipad 180 degrees different next time, other than that I cant assist with this because it sounds illegal.

joodyanne

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
      It isn't illegal as it was family photos created years ago and were being shown through a video camera on to the screen.  I just tried videoing from the screen.
      Judy

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
      It isn't illegal as it was family photos created years ago and were being shown through a video camera on to the screen.  I just tried videoing from the screen.

You could get better pictures, as well as the ability to edit them, if you capture them with a capture device such as this one:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1015438&gclid=CNiCgNKy6cICFWIA7AodpR0ASA&Q=&is=REG&A=details