Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: while setting up eindows, error occured "the selected partition is GPT type"  (Read 5820 times)

winter.stroke

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    My friend gave me his LENOVO Ideapad S4oo to turn his OS into win7 from win8. with making some changes in UEFI settings, I got In track. I deleted all existing partitions except One as need the documents in it! But when I select the partition or try to make a new partition.....It does not work. It shows "the selected partition is GPT type" message!

Then I tried to look for solutions over internet! But all it offered me was Solution by command prompt or third party software!
    But the problem is I don't have any OS in the system. So I cannot go Through those process. Now what can I do???  ??? ??? ???

Help me!!

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    You need to reformat the drive for UEFI mode.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    You don't need an OS installed to fix it...a 3rd party app such as Easus Partition Manager will do it...
    Follow their guide to create a boot CD...
    Remember to set CD as 1st boot device in BIOS...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "