Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloading system recovery on XP  (Read 3400 times)

dwilliy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Downloading system recovery on XP
    « on: February 05, 2015, 09:07:15 AM »
    I wanted to system restore my Xp because it was too full and I need to use XP for a sewing machine embroidery software.  I think I should have found this site first!  It was bought before the XP came out as a ME. I upgraded to XP.  I removed everything from the computer and tried to install the ME program and then the upgraded XP.  When it came time to start the XP, it has a companion disc to use first and then the XP disc. The computer told me I could not use the Companion disc on that computer so I installed the XP upgrade disc.  When it came time to connect to the internet, I passed to do at a later time.  When I tried to install the wireless program, I believe it was at this time it told me it was missing a kernel.  I tried to installed the discs twice without much luck so I'm stuck!  What can I do to get XP program back on this computer.  Thanks for any help you can give me.