Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Please login with Administrator privileges and try again"  (Read 11206 times)

min02

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    "Please login with Administrator privileges and try again"
    « on: November 15, 2015, 02:44:14 AM »
    I am currently using a Windows 7 OS and just earlier I tried installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 program in my computer/ laptop but when I'm done installing  and tried to open it, it says "Please log in with administrator privileges and try again", but I am the admin and I was logged in as admin user. What is the problem?  Anyone can help me please?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "Please login with Administrator privileges and try again"
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 09:43:14 AM »
    Welcome to the forum :)

This looks to be a known issue of sorts with this game, there are a few things you can try.  Firstly I would try right-clicking on the icon you use to start the game and clicking "Run as administrator".  If this works, then to save you doing this every time you start the game, right click on the shortcut, go to Properties, go to the compatibility tab, then check the box "Run this program as an administrator".

Let us know how it goes.

min02

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 01:34:46 AM »
      Hi Calum, thanks for your reply. It is appreciated. I tried the one that you've said but it still doesn't work. Are there any other options that I can try?  ???

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »
      Another solution I've seen is to install Flight Sim 2004 to a different directory than the default - for example, create a folder named "Flightsim" on your C drive, then uninstall FS2004 and reinstall to this folder.