Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A new case  (Read 2469 times)

dustynana

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    A new case
    « on: January 27, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
    I know what i'm going to say sounds picky but i want a new case and i want it to be perfect for me.
    I'm trying to come down from one of those full tower Haf X cases for several reasons, it's a really good case but alot of it's features and size isn't necessary for me.

I'm looking for a new case but having trouble picking a good one. I'd like a case that has....
    - Good airflow and quiet fans.
    - compact size, eay to move.
    -no front panel doors!
    - none of those plastic covers that go over the side fan.
    -a nice sized window.
    - full black interior.
    - a few usb ports.
    -leds are fine
    -lightweight
    - good cable management
    - both side panels come off for easy acess to mobo

I need to fit these parts in it
    -atx mobo
    -windforce gtx 970
    -1 hdd, 1 ssd
    - corsair 750 watt psu
    - h80i liquid cooler
    These take up the most space.

Like i said, i know it sounds picky and i don't expect you guys to do hours of research for me. I'll appreciate any sugestions. My budget is around 100$-140$

Also how much could i get for my haf x if i sold it?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: A new case
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »
    I couldn't be happier with my Corsair case - I have a 650D which is a bit big and old for your needs but something like the Obsidian 450D or something from their Carbide series looks like it could do the job.

May I ask what the issue with a front panel door is?  The Fractal Design Define R5 is a great case and is available with a large window.  All of the buttons and ports are on the top of the case so realistically the only time you'll ever need the door (which is decently made, not some cheap bit of plastic) is to access your optical drive (if you even still use one! :P)

dustynana

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »
      You most certainly may ask. My first case had a panel door and i wasn't a fan of it. But i suppose that if a case can meet all my needs, and has an unintrusive door. I will deffinately consider it.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
      May I ask what the issue with a front panel door is?  The Fractal Design Define R5 is a great case and is available with a large window.  All of the buttons and ports are on the top of the case so realistically the only time you'll ever need the door (which is decently made, not some cheap bit of plastic) is to access your optical drive (if you even still use one! :P)
      • Saw thread requesting case recommendations
      • Prepared to post recommendation for Fractal R5
      • Saw it had already been done
      • Posted this useless list

In other words, I'd second this recommendation, I have one myself (and have built many, many more) and see very little to put people off, as camerongray says the door only needs to be opened to access the reset button, anything in your 5.25" bays if you use them, and to remove the front dust filter for cleaning.  I actually got some rubber blanks to fill my USB and audio ports on the top because my room gets so dusty, to stop them filling up with dust, only downside of upwards-facing ports really.  The door cuts down on noise although the case is pretty quiet even with it open, cooling is great too and build quality and cable management is excellent.
      They do a windowed version, and the Blackout edition has a full black interior whereas the "normal" version has white PCI slot covers and HDD trays.

dustynana

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:13 PM »
        I almost like the R5 enough to get it, but i was looking extensively at the 450D and it's practically perfect for me. Compact suze, lightweight, large window, great cooling, and spacious. I like that it doesn't have a ton of hdd spaces, i only have one hdd and i'll maybe add a second but i won't be needing more than that.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:01:48 PM »
        Raidmaxx Smilodon...
        And you'll save some cabbage.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "