Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where to find & how to upgrade Vista to Win 7  (Read 3199 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Where to find & how to upgrade Vista to Win 7
« on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »
Never seems to get any easier on how to update or upgrade Windows,but I'm coming up short on where to find the exact location of the vista to Win. 7 upgrade download or other methods how to ? I used the Microsoft Advisor 7 which says my two Vista are ready to be upgraded to WIN.7 ,but even after re-searching through Microsoft downloads,store, my Vista anytime upgrades I find no clear solution where or how to find the right version then upgrade ! Similar to putting a jigsaw puzzled together & not knowing there are 3 pieces missing. I have two Vista's that both are ready to get upgraded as I am too for my1st time to upgrade to Win.7 like many other Windows owners out there  ::)

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Where to find & how to upgrade Vista to Win 7
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 02:08:17 AM »
Microsoft don't offer free upgrades from Vista to 7, you would have to purchase a copy of 7.  Not sure if 7 is still being sold, if not you may need to consider buying a copy of 10.

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Where to find & how to upgrade Vista to Win 7
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:45:43 PM »
Not surprised as I thought I search well enough to find this some where else. Each time I would go to Microsoft I saw nothing but Win.10 for purchase most any other directions I took. I seen several ways to configure adding upgrades, but most all seem to complex or needing to download promise programs to get you there. I have seen a true Microsoft avalible vista to Win7 upgrade Image (ISO)files, but not for sure that format would be a risk factor somehow to use instead ? Taking risky chances could just make things worse maybe ::)