Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning CDS with track names  (Read 3176 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Burning CDS with track names
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:01:28 PM »
Greetings ComputerHope!

Ive yet another round of questions from the "CD burning world" ! If this is in the wrong section, im sorry. Not really sure where.

So recently ive pulled out my old Regular Xbox (Ah nostalgia of the mid 2000's) and began to play some old racing games. Forza motorsport, Need for speed, (underground 1,2, hot persuit, Most wanted) Project Gotham Racing (1 and 2) etc. Anyways. i found out the XBOX has a Cd importing feature when looking through the audio settings.

So that got me thinking. lets import some tunes to improve game play experience.
Now seeing i want to import a number of songs i remembered from my old days of burning disks they remove tracknames so youre left with (Track 1 through track X) and was wondering if there is a way to keep the track names so when the game suffles through the song, i can see whats playing or i can select what to play. I used to use NERO to do this but want to stay away as i know that will get rid of track names.

Any suggestions?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Burning CDS with track names
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
Standard CD-A Audio has no way to label tracks.

CD-Text is an extension to the Red Book Audio standard that allows Tracks/Albums to be labelled.

of course you could burn a CD-Text disc, using any number of tools.

It wouldn't be particularly useful, however- as from what I can find, the Original XBox does not support CD-Text.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Burning CDS with track names
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
BC_Programmer,

Thank you for getting back to me on that. Guess i can live with that. Aside from track issue, ive been trying to find a CD-r that can be read by the XBOX. Ive read online that CD-rws have better working record. So i'm off to find one.

Thank you.