Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS/HD help??  (Read 2590 times)

Seibs

BIOS/HD help??
« on: December 06, 2005, 04:43:23 PM »
Hi, I just want to say thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help me with this problem.

I was recently reformatting extra HD's through my computer, but when I set my original HD back in I had a problem. While I was reformatting I used the BIOS to change a few things, like boot order and what not. The one thing I changed that I believe has rellevance to this problem is the FSB. Now I had thought my MB could run a 400FSB so I changed it from 50-200. Now my computer will power up, but I do not get any video output. I checked the graphics card, and it seemed to be working, the motherboard is working, all my fans are working, my hard drive is working, the only things that aren't working are my mouse(no optical light) and my keyboard as well as the no screen.

If any one could help I would greatly apprciate it. Im sorry if i did not add enough information, if you feel that I have not then please notify me and I will try my best to awnser. Thanks again to any one that helps.

armadnigeneral

Re: BIOS/HD help??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 07:52:19 PM »
The CMOS may have been slightly corrupted. However, first check the jumper settings on your hard drive, to make sure they're configured for your arrangement. If that doesn't turn progress, locate the BIOS Reset jumper, switch, or button on your motherboard (if you don't know where this is, check your board's manual or website).

This will completely clear all CMOS settings and reset them to their factory defaults. Unless there's a deeper problem, this should allow you to boot up, enter BIOS setup, and reconfigure to your liking.