Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brother laser/scanner needs cleaning  (Read 2738 times)

dborengasser

Brother laser/scanner needs cleaning
« on: January 02, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »
Hello,

I'm probably off topic (printer vs computer), but I need help. I am pretty sure the laser/scanner assembly on my Brother MFC 6800 needs cleaning (vertical white lines; have already changed toner and drum unit). I'm not afraid to open anything (almost), but any advice on where to attack (take off top, bottom, back , rt/left side) would be appreciated. Also, when I get to the laser and mirror(s), I assume I should use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

Of course, after cleaning I will assemble in reverse order of disassembly, and save any left over parts.  ;)

Happy New Year
David B

J0K3R

Re: Brother laser/scanner needs cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 11:09:49 PM »
i only use good soft elk tips for my Q-Tip on my snooker cue. oh yeah and happy new year bro.

dborengasser

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 03:00:49 PM »
I started this thing, and I want to end it. This thing is easy to fix. Brother at 800-276-7746-1-5 said they serviced laser printers, not MFC laser printers, so they connected me to the MFC group at 800-284-4329 and they knew everything I needed to know, which is very little and also about equal to what I already knew.. I had apparently spilled a little toner on a glass strip under the drum unit. Th fix, pull the drum, wipe the 6" x 1/2" glass strip under where the drum was, and wo la, the vertical white lines are history, and I didn't even unsheath my #2 phillips. Thank God for tech support.
PS Cleaning the Corona wire is also recommended. There is a blue deal on the underside of the drum unit. Slide it back and forth about 7 times. Thanks

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »
    I suspect you know more about your printer than anyone here.
    Happy you have it fixed :)