Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freezing before startup  (Read 2501 times)

Christi Rosenberger

Freezing before startup
« on: December 16, 2005, 03:15:03 PM »
I've been trying to work on my Pap's computer for a while now. And I completly give up. I need more sugestions because I'm all out of possible ideas of what could be wrong..... :-/
When you start up the computer it goes fine... as soon as it gets to the log in page, it freezes.
Thats my simple problem. I have tried to sign in with every Safe Mode. No matter what, it still freezes. I'm going to lose my mind!  :-/

Van gough

Re: Freezing before startup
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:22:46 PM »
Nice story......skol......

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »
Disregard Merlin above as he is an idiot. YOu will need to post more specifics on the machine and the problems and someone will be along to help.

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 04:21:35 AM »
    Have you tried scanning for virus spyware, Scanned your Hard drive for bad sectors, run diagnostics on the Hard Drive by visiting the manufacture website, Made sure there is no dust build up in your computer. defrag your hard drive.

Failing this try to restore the computer back in time to when you knew it was working by using system Restore.

if still no joy download and run Memtest, it needs to be extracted to a clean floppy and booted, run the test for a few hours.

If this fails to work it maybe that you have a corrupted registery and will need to reinstall windows.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 07:41:06 AM by Frankie »

smelly_Cat

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 08:03:45 AM »
     you can turn off sound  in bios and try an old video card.  see if if it goes farther,

also hit F8 at startup after  bios screen loads and boot in safe mode