Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network Problems...Completely Confused..  (Read 3344 times)

Me

Network Problems...Completely Confused..
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:07:11 AM »
This is the issue:

About 4 days ago, I noticed that my downloading speed was acting whacky. I'm using cable and connecting through a router which worked perfectly up until I came to this point. What happens is that I begin downloading at regular speed of about 700kbs and after I download an undetermined amount of MB, the downloads go to 0kbs and I get disconnected from AIM and any other programs that were using the internet.  About..1 minute later, everything gets re-connected and does the same cycle. It has become apparent to me that when an X total of bandwidth is processed, I get disconnected.

I don't what's going on because all of the other computers in the house work perfectly fine and do not do this; they're all connected to the same router....

Steps I've taken to attempt to solve this:  

1. Called my ISP -- No help, they said everything is working perfectly.

2. Replaced my CAT5 cable -- Did nothing, still getting the problem

3. Updated my NIC card drivers -- Did nothing.

4. Tried different ports on the router and tried connecting directly into the cable modem -- Did nothing to help the situation.
---------------

I hope someone can help me out...this is annoying the heck outta me, so any steps in the right direction would be great. Please just keep in mind that this is not happening on any other computer in my house and that this only recently happened 4 days ago.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully someone knows how to help.

Raptor

Re: Network Problems...Completely Confused..
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:47:16 AM »
I assume you scanned for viruses?

If you have a Firmware or Software Firewall installed, see to it that it is properly configured. Also, check the logs to see if any strange events have been occuring.