Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reset Button  (Read 6949 times)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Reset Button
    « on: June 12, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
    For a while now I have had to use the reset button on the computer case to get Widows 10 to load up. I start by pushing the power button. The load up screen appears, with the Windows emblem showing and it just sits there. I have to push the reset button and then it will finish loading. The only time I don't have to use the reset button is after an update, it will load all the way. I was wondering why this happens. When I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out I didn't have to do this. But I have bought new hard drives since then and it always happens.

Thanks

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Reset Button
      « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:10:57 AM »
      I think I solved it.

I've been looking around the internet for information on this issue. I found sites like this, https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-build-freezes-login /, and have been going through the list. I installed some driver update software which really helped, sped up my computer, but didn't solve the problem.

Just now I tried "Disable Fast Startup" and it seems to have done the trick.

kburra

Beginner

Re: Reset Button
        « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
        Good news , now fixed!!