Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 Pro Build 2004, Unbootable and Automatic Repair Loop  (Read 2974 times)

KingKongDestroyer

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 10 Pro Build 2004, Unbootable and Automatic Repair Loop
    « on: December 15, 2020, 11:57:48 PM »
    I am a Linux user and I recently decided to log into Windows to play some games. However, once I logged in, after a few minutes, the system found the battery to be missing, and both my audio and internet was disabled. I went to Device Manager, and found multiple errors of "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)" across multiple devices, none of which I exactly remember.

Seeing this, I decided to restart which brought to me to an automatic repair screen. I tried startup repair, system restore, and uninstalling updates which all failed.  Startup Repair couldn't identify the cause of the problem, System Restore seemed like it was about to start and then abruptly crashed, no matter which restore point I used, and uninstalling updates basically just told me it couldn't be done because of an error (I love how helpful these messages are lol). I also couldn't enter any of the safe modes, all of which brought me back to the automatic repair screen.

I also did an offline scan of my C drive with sfc in the recovery cmd prompt and no integrity violations were found, however doing sfc /verifyonly reported violations. Doing sfc /scannow gave me the "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" message. This makes me wonder if the error only comes up when the system is online rather than offline. I also ran dism on the C drive and no errors were found.

Furthermore, I ran the system with boot logging enabled and saw that a bunch of drivers were not being loaded. The ones that striked me the most were the AC adapter drivers. Personally, I believe its a driver error on Windows part since everything works fine for me on Linux but then again I can be wrong.

Also I want to stress that I don't want to reinstall Windows as that is the advice that is most often given when dealing with these errors. I'm willing to take as much time as needed to get to the bottom of this.