Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with cloning my dell xps8500  (Read 4029 times)

Ronskiful

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Help with cloning my dell xps8500
    « on: June 26, 2020, 10:23:08 PM »
    I have a dell xps8500 which origionally had windows 7. As of june 2020, i upgraded my computer to windows 10 home. Lately i am having problems with my graphics card gefore gtx620 and my 1tb hard drive. i changed my graphics card to a msi geforce gtx1050ti w/4gb mem and brought a Seagate 1TB BarraCuda 6Gb/s ST1000DM010 3.5" Drive with Dell Windows 10 Included. i also upgraded the ram of the computer to 12gb.The graphics card works fine and so does the ram. Here's where i'm stuck. My computers bios is on Legacy mode and i want to clone my old drive which is a 1tb toshiba st1000 also but my old hd is in mbr format and the new hdd is stating GPT. i already connected both drives to the internal casing and am ready to clone. I am using Macrium reflect 7 to clone the drives but since one drive is in mbr format(C: local) and the new in Gpt format (newly installed)im afraid after cloning, my new drive will not boot up in bios when i replace the old hd for the new. Also i'm not seeing anything on disk management that states the new drive has windows 10 installed. all i see is two partitions on the new drive that says (1)none partition unformatted and (2)data ntsf primary. can someone please help me here.Sorry for the long explanation.