Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help someone!  (Read 2046 times)

biggyblue

Please help someone!
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »
Hi there im really hoping you can help me!

I have a laptop running windows XP and recently i had a virus i think and lots of spyware. So i ran norton anti-virus and got rid of the virus' and ran a number of spyware removers and got rid of the spayware/adware.

However now when i go into control panel nearly all of the icons dont 'work' when i couple click or right click - open on them. Also on the desktop when i reight click and select properties that doesnt work. Also until about an hour ago when i pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL a message came up saying "Task manager has been disabled by your administrator", first of all im the only one who uses the laptop, so i checked a few sites and by going into the regstry i managed to get the task manager back up.

Also, every now and again when i start the laptop it loads up and then...the dreaded blue screen comes up, but this only happens every now and again. So if you could give me some advice on how to get the control panel etc up and any more that you see fit i would be muchly appreciative.

I am so stuck and im hoping you can help. Thanks. Jonny Dean.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Please help someone!
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »
     biggyblue......It sounds like you may still have some nasties .........
    Please do the following .....D/L... Ewido ......fully functional 14 day trial .......
    http://www.download.com/Ewido-Security-Suite/3000-8022_4-10326287.html
    Once you have it downloaded .........get the latest updates ....then do the following ......
    Turn off system restore ......
    Reboot into safe mode .......
    Run a full system scan with your anti virus .......... quarintine anything found.
    Run a complete scan with Ewido ........and delete anything it finds.
    When thats finished ....reboot back into normal mode and see how things are ..
    If things are ok .......then turn system restore back on .....
    let us know what was found .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

biggyblue

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:44:03 AM »
    Hi, thanks for the reply. ok ive downloaded that but i cant run an update because the laptop wont connect to the internet either, im on the pc at the moment. Is there anyway i can download the update via this then put it onto a disc or something? Ive ran the anti virus anyway and nothing came up - all clear. Thanks.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
    Do you have a shiny Windows CD that you can use to reload the operating system, if necessary? Sometimes you can cobble together a solution, but that is the ultimate cure.  ;)