Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Two Problems after installing 20H2  (Read 2995 times)

mjw72652

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Two Problems after installing 20H2
    « on: December 16, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
    I just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have several on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which I cloned from the existing 1 TB SATA hard drive. I disabled the Optane memory in the BIOS, then pulled the drive and the Optane to install the SSD.

I have two problems on the 15da- 1.) 5 of my 8 desktop gadgets won't display properly any more (they all still run just fine on the 15bs) 2.) My notification area won't stay open for me to read notifications- it snaps shut as soon as I move the mouse up into it (the 15bs still works just the same as it always has .

Does anyone have any suggestions? (The problems appeared before I switched out the SATA drive for the SSD, so it's not the drive.)

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Two Problems after installing 20H2
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:39:53 PM »
    I'd try "Refreshing" Windows. Lookup a video on how to do that. It's basically a reset for windows, but only to the system software, not to your programs or settings.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky