Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reset Laptop With No Display  (Read 2838 times)

forsterrobbins

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Reset Laptop With No Display
    « on: February 12, 2021, 01:12:13 AM »
    I am Using a hp laptop with broken screen using an external moniter through hdmi port and after updating my amd graphic card my laptop freez
    just before login screen including keyboard and touchpad external keyboard and mouse also does not work so my only option is to reset my pc through
    system recovery  so can someone tell me which key to press after entering recovery mode through f11 i can only use keyboard and hope to press 192.168.1.254
    right button i want to fresh install my windows which will hopefully solve my problem and i dont have any important file in my windows drive Safemode,
    bios and System recovery does not appear on external moniter and i have also pysically removed internal led cable it still does not work

MichaelNyby

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Reset Laptop With No Display
      « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 01:34:56 AM »
      Please excuse my somewhat blunt style on this first point, but you really should have a hardcopy list near your work station of what function keys do so you can very quickly take a look at what key does what.

Here is Computer Hope's page on that:

What are the F1 through F12 keys?

Now that question about safe mode and that external monitor is a good question because I have a unit that has an external monitor hooked up and any time I have to go into safe mode only the primary monitor shows me what's happening. The external monitor shows nothing.  I've never thought to check how that could be rectified, but if you are studying the issue using a search engine and still can't find an answer, and nobody here at Computer Hope in a higher level of knowledge than I on such issues doesn't provide an answer I'll then be curious enough to go digging for an answer.  There must be an answer.