Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to eliminate the necessity to CLICK  (Read 3170 times)

bajaward

How to eliminate the necessity to CLICK
« on: March 12, 2006, 07:20:37 PM »
How can I eliminate the necessity to CLICK in order to perform this event?

Click for Music

I think it should be something on the order of:

<onLoad HREF=http://www.website.com/playlist.m3u">

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: How to eliminate the necessity to CLICK
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 07:59:52 PM »
    I'm afraid that there is no real way to not have to click as far as I know. I've done extensive research into this, and it is possible to have one song in the background, there is not a way to make an entire playlist play automatically without clicking. As fot the OnLoad event, that's basically for JavaScripting. I looked hard into trying to find a way to JavaScript a playlist, but found nothing.

The fact that I was unable to find it doesn't mean there is no way, but if Google turns up no results in 20 minutes I get a little discouraged. If the link works when clicked on, then what you could do is have the first mp3 out of that playlist as background music for your site, and then have a <a href ...> that reads, "Click for more". Only problem with that is that unless the m3u is a download, you're going to have to stop the playing music. That's not really a problem.

So, let's say you took my advice and had the first piece of music playing. The code would end up like this:

Code: [Select]
    <html>

<head>
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    <bgsound src="[insert sound file here]" loop="-1">
    </head>
    <body>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function StopMusic()
    {
    StopAllSounds();
    }
    //-->
    <A href="Click" target="_blank">http://www.website.com/playlist.m3u" OnClick="JavaScript:StopMusic()">Click for more music</A>
    [The rest of your site]
    </body>
    </html>

If you did that, adding URLs where necessary, it would allow your viewers to hear a piece of the music while offering them more if they like it. :)
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:01:25 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to eliminate the necessity to CLICK
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 03:16:17 AM »
    If this is what you want to do, you should really think about running a streaming audio server.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos