Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Screen...  (Read 3956 times)

ZealEmpire

Blue Screen...
« on: April 20, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »
A problem has beeen detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

FILE_SYSTEM

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.  If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove and new installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable compnents, restart your computer, press f8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x00000022 (0x000202EF, 0x8343C7C0, 0x8343C708, 0x833A38B0)

Thats the exact message I get I copied it word for word.  It just started appearing a few days ago.  When I restart it simply keeps comming to this screen...I havent installed any new hardware or software as of late either.  Any help would be great guys.   :-/

Anybody-Killa

Re: Blue Screen...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »
Yeah i have the same problem.When i start up my computer i have to select from start windows xp home edition or start windows xp setup.When i start windows it lets me use it for about an hour,then it freezes or goes to that blue screen.And i cant just restart either if i do as soon as i log in it goes to the blue screen again.So i have to wait about another hour just to use it.I really wish somone could help me so i dont have to pay 20.00 for a system recovery cd.

sodataxi

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »
Do you have the Restore Disks at hand or a copy of XP?

If you have the Restore Discs pop number 1 into the CD-Rom and turn the computer off, turn it back on then when it asks boot from cd press enter.

Cheak out :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307654

Soda

ZealEmpire

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:23:18 PM »
How do I know what commands to type at the recovery prompt though?  

ZealEmpire

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
Bump^  Plz any help guys?  :-?

ZealEmpire

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »
Problem solved.  When I reboot windows I hadnt saw the option until just now to use last known good configuration.  So I selected it and booted to windows and got a similar 0x0 message reffering to smc.exe which was my copy of Sygate...somewhere along the line it had gotton corrupted so I just took the wntire program off rebooted and no more blue screen!  ;)