Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel nor Abit can help....maybe you can...  (Read 2131 times)

chris48083

Intel nor Abit can help....maybe you can...
« on: April 26, 2006, 08:55:10 PM »
Alright.  Built a new pc about two weeks ago.  Had some troubles with the CPU/Motherboard at the start, but nothing a bios upgrade couldn't heal.  But for some reason, it's gone back to what it was doing before.  I'll be lestening to music and move a page across the screen and the system will half freeze.  When I look at my CPU one is idle (or is handleing a normal amount of load, 15 - 50%) and my first CPU is peaking at 100%.  My PF Usage is staying stable.  Then I click on the application (winamp for example) to terminate it.  It prompts with 'Terminating this application...blah blah.'  As soon as that prompt occurs the first CPU idles and stablizes and the problem goes away.  Then I move a window again and it happens again.

My build:
Abit AW8-MAX
Intel Celeron D 2.66GHz Dual Core
512MB highspeed RAM
CD/DVD burner
400W power

GX1_Man

Re: Intel nor Abit can help....maybe you can...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 09:36:41 PM »
What malware/virus protection is being used? Can you check the running processes in task manager to see what is stealing your CPU?

chris48083

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 09:55:34 PM »
I'm running nortan anti-virus and ad-aware.  I haven't done anything 'risky' though (except getting on the internet, but only on trusted sites).

My processes look like this:
System Idle (between 80-97)
Winamp (between 0-20)
Opera (0-3)
and so forth down the line of 0's

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »
You could run Hijack This, and post a zip of the logfile.