Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Question about Newegg.com  (Read 3223 times)

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Question about Newegg.com
    « on: May 11, 2006, 09:01:56 PM »
    I am not sure if i am posting in the right section although this is hardware related but correct me if i am wrong. I would like to know is Newegg.com USA based only ? Or do they ship process orders from Canada as well ? I have searched and searched on their website but have not found the answer to this question. I guess alot of people here use it regularly so need your opinion. Thx in advance

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Question about Newegg.com
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:53:06 AM »
    Found this on their checkout page.  Note in particular the bit in bold (sorry):

IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION

* All orders require 1-2 business days of processing time prior to shipping.
        * FedEx Express Saver - Delivery within 3 business days.
        * FedEx 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
        * FedEx Standard Overnight - Delivery in 1 business day.
        * UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service - Delivery within 3 business days.
        * UPS 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
        * UPS Next Day Saver - Delivery in 1 business day.
        * Orders shipping via UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service may ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 or fewer days.
        * AIT Front Door Delivery, In Home Delivery and White Glove Service - Delivery within 3 to 5 business days. AIT delivery is not available for Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico.
        * USPS, Media Mail - Delivery within 2 to 9 business days. (DVD purchases only)
        * APO/FPO orders welcome! Delivery will take approximately 2 to 6 weeks. Due to military APO/FPO box size, 19" and larger monitors cannot be shipped via this method. DVD's also can't be shipped via this method. Please remove these items from your shopping cart before proceeding.
        * FedEx ships to Hawaii and Alaska via FedEx 2Day only and cannot provide an exact delivery time. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii or Alaska, your shipping method will default to FedEx 2Day and you will be charged accordingly.
        * FedEx ships to Puerto Rico via FedEx International Economy only. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to FedEx International Economy and you will be charged accordingly.
        * UPS ships to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico via UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and UPS Next Day Saver only. If you've selected any other UPS shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to the cheapest available UPS shipping method and you will be charged accordingly.
        * Orders shipping to Puerto Rico will incur a 6.6% duty tax. Orders shipping to Puerto Rico via FedEx will incur an additional $5.00 handling surcharge.
        * Newegg.com does not process orders during the weekend.
        * No deliveries will be made on Saturday or Sunday.
        * Newegg.com does not guarantee same day shipping.
        * Newegg.com does not offer International/Canadian shipping options at this time.
        * All orders shipped to addresses in CA, TN or NJ will be charged the appropriate state sales tax.
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:53:21 AM by robpomeroy »
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

vxdesigns

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
      Ah you found it. Great, thx for the reply

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »
      No problem.  It's a bit daft that you can't find that out until the last minute before you pay for your order, and even then it's at the bottom of a long and boring list!
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos