Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: why can't I use anything that needs Java...  (Read 2209 times)

dreamweaver_73

why can't I use anything that needs Java...
« on: May 29, 2006, 03:01:20 PM »
when I try to access pages that require java all I am getting is a big red x in the corner.. what is causing this..???  >:(
I used to be able to run it up until a couple of days ago when I got some serious bugs, now nothing...
I have done 3 java updates but still nothing... I have checked all my settings and java is enabled so now I am lost as to what to do.... :o

How can this be fixed..... :-?

GX1_Man

Re: why can't I use anything that needs Java...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »
Serious bugs? How about some details of that, operating system, malware protection used, or anything else we could have to work with?

dreamweaver_73

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
I had posted on here when I got the bugs and was told to download several programs.  ewido, avg, CCleaner, Spybot.  I ran all these programs and cleaned up and restored the puter to normal, all except my java settings by the looks of it... :-/

I have windows xp, p4, antivirus:-norton, avg. spyware:- ad-aware se, ewido, spybot.

anything else you need let me know... :D

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »
You have two anti-virus programs running concurrently?  Not good.  Decide which one you want running in the background and disable the other one.  You can still use the second one to do scans, but disable the other one before doing so.

Maksim

Hopeful
    « Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »
    One Suggestion.. Reinstall the Java from the Installers website here is the URL http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp and it should work.. i had the same problem.. and tell me one thing.. what Browser are you using....