Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RAM conflict, im really confused on this one...  (Read 2252 times)

Dead_reckon

RAM conflict, im really confused on this one...
« on: June 13, 2006, 07:00:49 PM »
now, i had two ddr pc3200 400mhz 512 mb ram sticks in my computer, one was a ultra, the other, kingston, the computer came up saying all this crap about memory conflifct or somthin in a blue screen of death, i dont even see why there would be one if the sticks are the same type, ive never had this problem before, even with two totally differant brands... im really confused about why this is happening, i would have remembered more of the error had i not been so annoyed at my proccessor fan which i intend to replace whenever i can find a ride, this one sounds like The Wasp 5000 as my friend called... please help with this ram problem, 512 ram + celeron D = reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slow

GX1_Man

Re: RAM conflict, im really confused on this one..
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:25:04 PM »
www.memtest86.com

Download and run the free checker and test each stick of RAM individually and then both together. As they are not identical they could be non-identical in a way that matters. There's more to it than the listed speed.

Did this used to work correctly, or it is a new combination?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:30:48 PM »
yeah, worked fine, started gettin random probs with this and that and just about every friggin thing on this computer recently, the thing acts like its trying to either annoy me to the point of insanity, kill its self, or both. ill download that, and run it tommorow, all i intend to be doing tonight is chatting and being on this forum while runnin winamp, should be fine

oh, i cant use the program till i get a floppy from my dad or someone or somewhere, dunno when that will be, i use to have a ton of them but i have no clue where they went
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:50:53 PM by Dead_reckon »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:33:34 PM »
If you get an error message it is always a good idea to write it down word for word. It can be important.  ;)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:54:59 PM »
i did get one error message earlyer, lemme see if i can find the piece of paper it was on, oh and i couldnt get this one, ocmputer was overheating for no reason...

heres the error i got earlyer but was able to reboot:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8040a6)

thats all i could get before the thing turned off, even though it wasnt supposed to turn off it did

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:01:59 PM by Dead_reckon »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:19:39 AM »

Dead_reckon

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 08:11:19 AM »
i had tryed relocating the video card when it said it may be a vid prob, did fine, for a little while, then it was back, so i pulled the Ultra 512 stick and left the Kingston in the primary slot, later i put the ultra in the secondary and it does fine now... before the ultra was in the primary slot, i guess the kingston likes to be dominent or somthin, lol. thanks for tryin to help though, i was about to throw it out the window when the idea to put the 512 in the secondary slot hit me... i have no clue why the kingston has to be primary, but, it works, dont mess with it