Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remote access - Pretending to be at home working!!  (Read 3086 times)

Ugo

Remote access - Pretending to be at home working!!
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »
Hi guys,

I work at home 80% of the time and regularly access my company's files and applications. However due to circumstances I will be away from my house for a while.

I would like to access my computer remotely and do any work that needs to be done as the company sees what processes are running on my computer and logs my ip address etc (security purposes) and will know that I am not at home and accessing files from an unauthorized station.

This is at most cheeky and I hope someone has a solution. I would presume I would need to use some sort of remote management software. Is there any software available that can be hidden on the system so anyone checking the processes running won't know it's running. The ability to change program's name would be necessary.

Are there any other problems that I should be aware of? For e.g. when using remote management software, are there any activities on a computer that give away the fact the computer is being accessed remotely.

Any remote management software that can do what the popular pc monitoring programs can do today (hide themselves completely from a user, systems tray, add/remove prgrams etc) would be great.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:10:40 PM by Ugo »

GX1_Man

Re: Remote access - Pretending to be at home worki
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:20:15 PM »
This is at most cheeky and I hope someone has a solution.

I'm not sure of all the possibilities of the word "cheeky" that you used, but is it similar to dishonest?

Ugo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:36:23 PM »
This is at most cheeky and I hope someone has a solution.

I'm not sure of all the possibilities of the word "cheeky" that you used, but is it similar to dishonest?

Hello GXman,

No. I am not doing anything untowards and I had made that clear in my initial post. All I want is to be doing exactly the same thing I usually do at a different location for a short period of time.

Yes, I may be bending the rules ever so slightly but I wouldn't go as far as to say dishonest. I'm sure you would be sympathetic if I spoke of my circumstances but this is not the place to discuss those issues or necessary.

I'm still 'hoping' to get a solution to my 'computer' problem.

Thanks in advance.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »
    Ugo......   After reading your post , it would seem that you are authorized to work at home doing the companies business , for which you are paid ...... Now for some reason , you are unable to work from home ..........
    So why not cut out the "Cloak and Dagger crap" and tell your employer that you are forced to do your work from another location ...or heaven forbid .....use their facilities ...... Unless your employer is totally unreasonable , and it doesnt sound like they are ........ be up front with them........

dl65 ::)
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:53:33 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:01:02 AM »
    I vote that the previous post, which makes reference to a tool popular among crackers and script kiddies, be deleted.  It do not think it advisible for Computer Hope to be seen to help people who apparently wish to defraud their employers and break computer misuse legislation (even by just naming such software).

Leave that stuff for the elite IRC channels.
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:12:53 AM by robpomeroy »
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:02:23 AM »
      Said post has Went Poof!
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 06:12:59 AM »
      Thanks, Panboy.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos