Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Malware 'Spyware Remover'  (Read 3220 times)

Useless

Malware 'Spyware Remover'
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:16:09 PM »
this is really annoying me, it has changed my homepage to Malware.com or something

i have ran the seemingly useless Norton Anti Virus 2006 and it could not find anything but when i run Windows Defender it finds the spyware attached to the file (as it keeps installing itself then uninstalling its self' but when i click remove, it says error occured, windows defender could not remove this virus

any help?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Malware 'Spyware Remover'
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »
    Useless......
    [highlight]this[/highlight] is really annoying me, it has changed my homepage to Malware.com or something  
      Could you please explain what "this is ?

i have ran the seemingly useless Norton Anti Virus 2006
    ...... Norton Anti Virus is designed to detect and remove viruses ....... and it does a decent job of that .

Please provide a wee bit more info and we can probably offer a possible plan of attack to assist you .

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

RapedApe

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 06:12:34 PM »
    Run X-Cleaner, Ewido and then download Hijack This and post you're logfile here so we can check it over and make sure it's all good. Also make sure that you update ewido before running it and of course remove everything both X-Cleaner and Ewido find.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »
      dont forget to do the scans with ur system restore turned off and in safe mode