Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CDROM problems  (Read 2000 times)

darmil

CDROM problems
« on: August 10, 2006, 06:01:01 PM »
Hi I just built a new machine and I have power to everything but the CDROM drive.( I went back to where I bought it from and swicthed for a new one)still nothing.I whiched the plugs around from the power supply to test. There is power coming from the PS even changed the ribbons and slot for the ribbon and still nothing.Can anybody help? :)

GX1_Man

Re: CDROM problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:06:09 PM »
Does the drawer open? Let's start there.

The chances of two drives being dead are remote. If there is power in the molex plug we will have to look elsewhere. Can you run the hard drive OK with the plug you are trying to use for the CDROM?

darmil

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
There is no power at all, I can't open the cdrom.I even changed the old cdrom I have in my old computer which works and still nothing.
There is power to the plug. I changed it around with the fan and it has power. I even tested the plug witha 12v electric circuit tester and there is power to the plugs.I even changed the plug to the HD still nothing. >:(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:51:18 PM by darmil »

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »
    Try a different power supply.

Alan <><   :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

darmil

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »
    Yeah I think my nexted step is new PS :-/