Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blue screen error  (Read 2434 times)

mdoggy40

blue screen error
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:20:32 PM »
hi all. I have a p4, 2.8 ghz. 1gig ram. xp pro. I started getting these blue screen error messages, it tells me it could be a driver issue, if you installed a driver recently then try disableing it. Then the next time i started it up it pretty quickly goes to blue screen again and says driver issue or possible update the bios. I have not updated the bios since i got this mobo, about a year or so ago. Wondering if there is something else i could try. At the bottom of blue screen i had this technical info:
stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8054AE34, 0xF7C8143C, 0x00000000).
Can anyone figure this out?
Thanks for any help ahead of time.

GX1_Man

Re: blue screen error
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »
What happened prior to this? Any new hardware? Other issues? You left that and a lot of other important info out.

What if you do a system restore to a time before this started. Does that fix it?

See below.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

pcdoc4christ

mdoggy40

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 01:41:45 PM »
no new hardware, have done various virus scans etc. I will check out the links you posted. thanks.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
Many of the links i gave you point to hardware failure (for example, faulty RAM memory modules) or problems that were fixed in the release of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.  Makes sure you have SP2 installed.  If you do, start removing hardware (for example, all expansion cards and all but one RAM stick) to see if you still get the BSOD.  If you don't then you have removed the hardware that is faulty or that has corrupted device drivers.  Install one hardware device at a time till you get the BSOD once again, then you will know what hardware has failed or needs to have drivers reinstalled.  

Let us know how it goes.

mdoggy40

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 06:25:40 PM »
i did run memory test on each ram module, they all passed. now it is at the point where as soon as it boots up it goes to the bsod. Each time though it has a different stop code, so it is hard to figure out what the problem is. Even when i try and boot into safe mode it goes right to that blue screen.
Then i thought, screw it i will reinstall windows, but setup starts and then boom, bsod.
I will try unhooking everything tomorrow and see where that gets me. If you have any other ideas, would love to hear. Thanks.

mdoggy40

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 06:26:43 PM »
forgot to say that yes i have SP2.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
    mdoggy40.....  When you tried to do a format and clean install .....did it do the format and then fail in the windows installation ?  Is your Windows XP pro cd a legal one ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

mdoggy40

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 05:40:35 AM »
    it went to bsod while it was still loading the setup files. and no i dont have a legal copy. When i bought i comp about 4 years ago it was preloaded and i didnt get copy. Since i am laid off i cant afford to go buy one now.