Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help about javascript and ms access please!  (Read 3071 times)

lene

help about javascript and ms access please!
« on: September 01, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »
hey guys! i need your help.. does anyone here knows the exact code for using javascript to connect to the ms access? i'm doing a project and it involves linking  a form written in html and javascript to a table in ms access. i have found codes in the net but it won't work. the only code i need is adding record to access using a web based form. I need to let it work in a local computer first, but i can't seem to connect the form to access. i believe it needs the ado connection, and i already have some, but it still won't work.. any tips? can anyone give me the exact codes? please? my book doesn't  support any database applications that's why I am relying on the web, anyone please? i really need it badly, thanks!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: help about javascript and ms access please!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:36:44 AM »
Does your project description say this has to be done in javascript?  Anyone suggesting that you should do database connection stuff in javascript needs their bumps reading.  JScript/ASP possibly, PHP certainly, but not javascript.

Could you please provide a bit more information about the project (cut and paste the project description here if possible), so we can take a better look at it.  Please note that ComputerHope is not for providing solutions to homework questions, but we can certainly provide pointers to set you on the right road.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos