Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error message while installing windows xp  (Read 2543 times)

sindemon

Error message while installing windows xp
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:19:16 AM »
I have this problem here.I try to install my winxp to my computer but it keep coming same error message while in the half way install. "ir41.qcx.dll error" it just stop there and it cant continue, i try to skip this file but later the pc restart it hang. I try this for few times it coming on the same error.

I try using my this winxp disk to other pc to install is works fine so it not the cd problem. And I try using my old win98se cd to install it work fine, so my cdrom also no problem.

I try other forum, they advice me is the memory nodule and try using memtest86 to test out my memory,but no error found. Could somebody help me on this please.

I using P3 866,via motherboard.  :'(

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Error message while installing windows xp
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »
This has been shown to be caused by faulty ram although memtest86 did not report any errors.

Have you viewed this discussion?

Good luck

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:50:11 PM »
Welcome to computerhope sindemon.

Some reason your cd-rom drive on the computer is not seeing or copying that part of the XP CD.Put the other CD-rom that worked in the computer and it should install.
Then you can put,the CD-rom back in the original computer you borrowed it from.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 04:52:58 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

sindemon

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »
Thanks for your guys help. It not my cdrom problem, i borrow my friend cdrom(just buy and working fine) try to install also the same error coming.

Then I go for Dusty advice and try to isolate my ram one by one and give a try.But it seem the same problem.But onething strange is I can install my old win98se to my computer and when i try to upgrade to winxp it getting the error during setup. :'(

Could it be my bios set wrongly???Or my bios seting not suite my ram ??Does anybody can help me try out my bios configuration??I try to set my bios diffrent also no use. Can somebody give some advice??
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 08:29:22 PM by sindemon »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:03:51 AM »
Thanks for your guys help. It not my cdrom problem, i borrow my friend cdrom(just buy and working fine) try to install also the same error coming.

Then I go for Dusty advice and try to isolate my ram one by one and give a try.But it seem the same problem.But onething strange is I can install my old win98se to my computer and when i try to upgrade to winxp it getting the error during setup. :'(

Could it be my bios set wrongly???Or my bios seting not suite my ram ??Does anybody can help me try out my bios configuration??I try to set my bios diffrent also no use. Can somebody give some advice??

Have you been playing around in the BIOS ? ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »
I tried to install XP one time and when I took out all unessential items,sound
card and modem in my case.Everything installed fine.

I then put back in the sound card and modem rebooted installed the drivers
and everything was fine.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

sindemon

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 06:11:39 AM »
yup i try setting the bios, but this happen after fail many times trying to install winxp and the same error again.

But recently i just found a memtest86+ software out there(an upgrade version to memtest86) and try again. It found error on my memory(I got 3 memory bank all occupied). So after I try to unplug all my ram out any test it 1 by 1 for 3 diffrent bank.After I found that all my 3 ram also got error. But 1 thing I not clear is why my old p3 intel motherboad last time I try it can be install winxp(defected and cos me to change a newer p3 via board, no much money to upgare to p4).using same  ram ,sound card,display card and proccesor last time to this p3 via board it got problem.????

Is it any case that my ram not support to this via motherboard???(I don't want to buy a new sd ram to try it out cos now sdram is quite expensive), or even though I try to buy new ram also it could be same problem again??

The only thing is it can install win98se but not winxp....???It really bother me now cause I more comfortable to use winxp..