Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: About Python.exe ?  (Read 3997 times)

Dread

Topic Starter

Beginner

About Python.exe ?
    « on: September 17, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »
    I noticed this file Python.exe in the task Manager for the first time while observing the processes of a P4 Laptop. Is it some spyware program ? I tried to google it but couldnt get more info & was referred to download some Wintasks or some Registry programs which i wouldnt prefer. So, pls let me know if i could detect & remove it by any means?

homer

Expert
      Re: About Python.exe ?
      « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 11:02:14 PM »
       Description:
      python.exe is a process belonging to Python Scripting Tool. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

stolen from http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/python/
      « Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:02:55 PM by homer »

Dread

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 12:08:12 AM »
        Thanks but i already read that on that site. But my question is why did i find it all of a sudden on my laptop when i didnt download anything ? ... like, i usually monitor the Processes in the task manager when i usually start the laptop as to see what would consume memory & never before found this Python.exe. How do i wipe it off from my laptop ? .. any idea pls ?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:16:33 AM »
        Uninstall it from the Add/Remove software menu?

It may have come with a program you installed or been installed by the laptop manufacturer.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:01 PM »
        Description:
        python.exe is a process belonging to Python Scripting Tool. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

stolen from http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/python/

homer... thank you for havning that library, i had lost the link to it when i previously formatted, and, if you read my most thread about zone alarm, you will understand why... well, its not exactly lost... im just denied access to it  :-/
        « Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:33:47 PM by Dead_reckon »

homer

Expert
          « Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 10:58:04 PM »
          that is true what raptor said, it may have already come with the rest of the crap that the manufactures like to pump into their laptops. i hate all that junk. my advcie for future reference is to format the hardrive yourself and install what you want, not useless junk that takes up space and that you will never use. also, its alot safer knowing what is installed on your comp.

just try add/remove programs. it should be there, if not we can try something else.