Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Pro help  (Read 2521 times)

chequer

Topic Starter

Rookie

• 1928 Oldie
    XP Pro help
    « on: September 22, 2006, 06:44:52 PM »
    I have just upgraded to WindowsXP Pro. and Office Pro 2003.
    There are 3 issues I want to know about.
    1.      In my system tray I have a ‘Local Area Connection’ Icon. I am not on a network and would like to know how to get rid of it.
    2.      Although the screen text is larger and easier to read some of the web pages require a sideways scrolling to read. Is there a way I can get them to fit the screen. My ‘LG Studioworks ‘monitor’ allows for different adjustments, size, colour position etc…none will allow fitting the web pages to the screen.
    At Start>Programs I have a Games folder containing Internet games. At Start>Programs/Accessories I have another Games folder which contain the same games. Can I safely remove the folder at  
    chequer
    When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

fullbug

Apprentice
      Re: XP Pro help
      « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:11:17 PM »
      As far as #1 goes, you can go into Start /  Control Panel / 'Taskbar/Start Menu' and there you can look in the list and set it to 'hide' so it wont show in the system tray....

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: XP Pro help
      « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 10:57:34 PM »
      2.  Right click on the desktop; click properties; click settings; adjust the screen resolution.

3.  Yes.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos